Season 2 is here and none other than Dr. Carlton Byrd (Speaker-Director for Breath of Life Ministries and Senior Pastor of the Oakwood Seventh-day Adventist Church) is joining me to kick off this episode. We spent a few great minutes in conversation about evangelism and its future in the church. Here are a few highlights from this episode:
- There must be a genuine, intentional effort for us to identify the mission of the church.
- We must not confuse the mission of the church with the methods that we use to reach others.
- Many of the problems that happen in the church tend to happen from the insolation of context.
- Tradition: the living faith of the dead; Traditionalism: the dead faith of the living.
- You don’t have to pastor the largest church to be effective in evangelism.
- Remember God blesses people, not places. Faithfulness is key.
Southern Union’s Evangelism Conference is right around the corner November 5-7, on the campus of Southern Adventist University. For more information, please visit www.southernunion.com/ec3 .